Cohen 1939 is a top-down shooter similar to games like Hotline Miami. Below is my steam review of the demo that I decided to post here as well. The demo includes all content from the Prologue through Chapter 2.
Completed the demo. The Butcher boss was extremely tough, especially with the charging enemy in-between the fight. I had to re-do that quite a bit. Very cool boss fights though, pretty challenging.
The visuals are very nice even if a bit glitchy in the demo. I like the stylization a lot. The music is good when it plays. The sound effects and music are a bit buggy and seem to randomly stop working. I'm very interested in the story, I like it. The voice acting isn't great but I'm okay with that. Do you remember the voice acting in the original Resident Evil? It was terrible. LOL The game was still amazing. The developer replied to a post saying they plan to add professional voice acting. That would be cool but I don't think it's needed. Let it be bad man. The game is still cool. /shrug
I loved the stylized and lightly animated loading screens. Very cool.
I'd get rid of stealth altogether. Ugh. If it's somehow improved cool but I just felt like that was a major waste of time and doesn't belong in a game like this.
Mr. Cabot is pronounced in the game as "Canbut." I don't know if it's a typo or the name got changed or what.
The game is made with the Unity engine, of course. Seems everything is now but that's cool. It's obviously a good engine that can do great things.
Look at all these other idiot reviews complaining about AI use. lol This demo is pretty badass. I never really loved Hotline Miami or anything. I normally quickly bore of being one-shot but I really like the style of this game a lot and the story so I'll definitely be picking this one up. Thanks for reading. Game on.

Comments
Post a Comment